The Phi Delta Theta house in Davis, California has been rooted in generations of use. The home was originally occupied in 1916 by the Calpha Agricultural Fraternity that eventually evolved into the California chapter of Phi Delta Theta. The original building was evaluated for renovation in the early 2000’s and it was determined renovation was impractical. The building was demolished and design was completed to maintain the original character of the building’s deep historical roots. Monley Cronin was selected and completed full reconstruction of the facility in 2013. Much of the exterior appearance and character of the building was maintained in the new facility. The building houses 19 beds and has dining and living space for 75.
Betty Woo Architecture
Photography by: Farrell Scott